Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 1 Homework

I built this thing but I'm not sure what it is or what it's supposed to do. Any suggestions?

Hello! I hope you're having--or had, depending on when you read this--a nice break! Here's your blog homework assignment for week 1:

You need to write a few paragraphs responding to the discussion questions we had in our first class. You can and should combine some of your responses together, making sure that your answers are clear and coherent. Remember that the blog is 50% of your final class grade, since it will be considered your "journal" for this class. Accordingly, please pay close attention to your English usage, punctuation, spelling, and clarity. You should dedicate some time and thought to each of your blog entries.

The questions you should respond to are:

-Why is culture important in studying language?
-What aspects of your culture are most interesting for foreigners?
-What aspects of your culture are most challenging for foreigners?
-What do you like best/least about American culture?
-What do you like best/least about Costa Rican culture?
-What would you change about Costa Rican culture if you had the chance?

So, if you have any questions or problems you can contact me through the comments or send me an email. Have a good time with Gina, who'll substitute teach your class on July 23rd. I'll see you all again on the 30th. Take care!

3 comments:

  1. I think that the thing in the picture already accomplish its function, which was to kept you busy for a while, but if you want to find another function for that, you can try to jump from one side to the other as an exhausting exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I could also get a horse and make it jump over it again and again, but I don't really like horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait a minute, Alejandro, you took the time to comment on my post, but you've not done your blog homework yet?? Tsk tsk tsk...

    ReplyDelete